Sunday, October 21, 2012

Reform of the Reform

I only had to go back two weeks to reform my reform.


As you can see, I have returned to the old format.  The new one was just too progressive.  I expected a clown Mass to start at any minute with liturgical dancing, tambourines and other 'folksy' things totally inappropriate to a transcendent and serious enterprise.  And then there was the whole problem of language, I just didn't get why I couldn't have all my old sidebar standbys which I relied on a lot more than I thought.  It was like losing my rosary or something and Google totally ignored my whining.  Imagine that.  And then for some reason the link to my master dash board was dropped and I had a heck of a time figuring out how to get back to it.  If I couldn't get back to the dashboard I couldn't write at all.   I finally had to go through Google services.  It was just all too much, so my idea of 'reforming the reform' is to have no reform at all.  I learned this approach from Pope Benedict.

11 comments:

  1. I had to take a vacation Dennis, and spent it moonlighting on the NCR. Utterly amazing how many trolls showed up and how diligent they are at trolling. I finally had to give up my quest to have the largest number of comments and so I'm back to plain old blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Progressive formats??? GASP!

      I must admit I was shocked beyond words, and um, couldn't figure out the progressive comment form.

      I'm glad you've abandoned your attempt to reform the one true format and are once again in compliance with all that is good and true.

      Should you ever want a host who won't ignore your whining and treat you like an unneeded member of the unwashed anonymous horde, I know one who'd welcome a partnership.

      Delete
    2. Me too Phil, this is the 'one true format' and I do feel reconnected with all that is good and true.

      I would be most interested in a host who would treat me with respect and not just one of the unwashed anonymous horde. In the meantime I will just have to stay with Google Lite.

      Delete
  2. Ditto, Colleen. Glad to see you back! I've missed your blogs. Betty Clermont

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to return to the familiar and the Markham quote and the Blogroll of friends on the right blue patch. Thank you. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thought you might have had an out of body experience and decided not to come back, or that you were in deep meditation and levitating just out of reach of the computer! I would suggest a wireless keypad for such future events!! Welcome back to the old blog format, the content of which is enough reform for a few generations at least. Glad to see you writing again.

    Fran Schultz


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fran. Funny thing is I actually have a wireless keyboard, but no out of body experiences this time around. Just a couple of weeks of recharging the batteries.

      Delete
  5. Welcome back, Colleen! I did see your comments on NCR also. I am glad you've returned to your original format.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I might have gotten a little carried away on the NCR, but I had so much practice with Invictus I thought I would try the big leagues. I think Invictus is way better than most of his conservative brethren who showed on the NCR, but I hope a couple of them hang around because they did initiate some fascinating debate.

      Delete
  6. Good to see the old ways back again LOL :)

    ReplyDelete